When the day finally comes, our birth centers are ready for the one-of-a-kind needs of you and your baby. We do our best to deliver an amazing experience for moms and their families.
Find Birth Centers Near You
From comfortable, private birthing suites, gourmet room service and a unique family-centered approach to care, the birth centers at Centura Health combine advanced medical expertise with a caring and nurturing touch.
We provide large, private birthing suites, each furnished comfortably to provide a homelike environment for you and your family. Dads or partners are welcome to stay in the rooms with you to support you and share the experience. In the comfort of your own suite, you and your little one can be together for the entire stay — unless you request otherwise.
Your birth plan and pre-admissions
By completing a pre-admission birth plan, you’ll have a chance to share your personal preferences to help us individualize your birthing experience. This can include having a doula present, providing relaxing music and guided imagery, preparing your preferred ambience and other support services to help you relax during labor and delivery. Pre-admission planning also helps us provide targeted support if you have special needs, including care for multiple births or specific medical conditions. Your information will be recorded in a digital file so that on the day of delivery, your doctors and nurses will know exactly what you want. This can give you peace of mind and confidence, paving the way for a smooth experience.
Certified nurse midwives (CNM) may also be available at some locations. CNMs can assist new mothers with personalized care for pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postpartum concerns. This includes lactation and breast-feeding, infant care and aid in the healing process of the new mother.
Our highly skilled team is ready for anything, including high-risk pregnancies, multiples and premature babies. Our top priority is keeping moms and their babies healthy through the entire birthing experience.
Comforts we offer
- Private birthing suites designed to keep you and your baby close
- Accommodation for a father or other partners
- Family and friend visitations
- Private rooms with private baths and homelike touches to comfort and support new moms
- Hospital-based, bilingual doulas available on request at some locations
- Comfortable, spacious family waiting rooms
- Basic home comforts such as Wi-Fi and TV
- In-room dining
Services we offer
- Around-the-clock, on-site expertise to support babies and their mothers
- Breastfeeding support
- Epidurals and pain management medication available 24/7 on request
- Family education classes to offer guidance and new skills to help care for babies
- “Gentle C-sections” which provides mothers and babies with valuable skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth, and a chance for the baby to recover with the mother instead of in a nursery.
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICU) to care for high-risk babies
- Reliable electronic security systems for mother and baby